Submitted by Paulene Christie
- 12 baby red/russet potatoes
- 200g diced bacon
- Herb and Garlic seasoning/salt
- Fresh chives, diced
- 2T butter
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- Lay down a sheet of non stick baking paper in slow cooker
- Place whole baby potatoes in single layer, spaced out in slow cooker
- Cook with tea towel trick in place on HIGH for 2.5hrs or until tender when tested with fork
- Pan fry bacon for 10mins until crispy
- Using a potato masher, smash down each potato top to about half way down
- Top each smashed potato with a ½ tsp of butter, cooked bacon, seasoning, chives and finally cheese
- Continue to cook on high, with tea towel still in place, for 20 minutes more or until cheese melted through
- Use an egg flip to carefully lift out each topped potato to plate
- You can make as many as these tasty potatoes as you need or can fit in your slow cooker but I have based the measurements on 12 baby potatoes to serve 6 people.
- We have these as a perfect side dish to a BBQ night!
- You can also vary the toppings to anything else you may like so you never have to have the same versions more than once if you don’t want to!
- This recipe is also in our new book READY SET SLOW
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think