Submitted by Paulene Christie
Sparkling Apple Silverside
- 1-2kg piece of silverside/corned beef
- 1 x 750ml bottle of SPARKLING apple juice (see note below)
- 1 green apple
- Place silverside into slow cooker
- Cut apple into quarters (no need to peel) and add to pot
- Pour over sparkling apple juice.
- Cook on high for 6-8hrs (depending if 1 or 2kg)
- It's ok if liquid doesn't cover meat, turn it over half way through cooking.
- If you are not home to turn it you can double the sparkling apple juice to cover fully if you prefer
- You can also cook it 8-10hrs on low if you prefer but I like high for super tender results
- The silverside will have the hint of apple but is not overly sweat 🙂
- Enjoy it with your favourite silverside sides eg mash and veg with cheese or white sauce
- Our kids loved this served super simple with baked beans also
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think