Submitted by Sarah Nicholson
Seriously Saucy BBQ Sausages
- 8 Beef Sausages (I like Beef & Garlic flavour)
- 2 Carrots
- 1/4 of a Green Cabbage
- 1 Brown Onion
- 2 Apples (I have used Granny Smith and Pink Lady - both work fine)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup Tomato sauce
- 1 packet French Onion soup mix
- 1. Brown sausages and set aside.
- 2. Cut in half and thinly slice the onion; peel and slice apples and carrots; and thinly slice cabbage - place all this to the slow cooker.
- 3. In a large bowl combine the BBQ sauce, tomato sauce, packet of French onion soup and 1 cup of hot water - stir to combine.
- 4. Slice sausages if desired (I find it easy for the kids if sliced approx 5 pieces per sausage)
- 5. Add sausages to slow cooker and pour over sauce/soup mix.
- Cooked for 4 hours on High.
- (5.5L Abode slow cooker)
- Fab serve with Mash & Greens.
- Can also add frozen peas and corn to sneak in a few extra vegies.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think