Submitted by Paulene Christie
Saucy Pulled Lamb & Slaw Sliders
- 1 - 1.5kg lamb roast piece
- 1 small onion fine diced
- 1 heaped tsp of minced garlic
- 1 heaped tsp of minced ginger
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/8 cup fish sauce
- 1 x 400g can diced/crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 packed tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour + water
- To serve: creamy slaw and fresh bread rolls
- Place lamb into slow cooker
- Combine all other ingredients and pour over lamb
- Cook on Auto for 8hrs - if your slow cooker doesn't have auto go 2hrs high then 6hrs low
- Approx 1hr before serving I was able to 'pull' the meat apart with two forks/tongs to get the shredded result
- At this point combine the cornflour with enough water to make a paste and stir through to thicken the sauce
- Serve with creamy crunchy slaw on fresh bread rolls and enjoy!
- *Option* You could make this same dish with beef or chicken meat also.
- Submitted by Paulene
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!