An ahhhh-mazing tasting creamy chicken dish that’s LOW CARB!
Submitted by Paulene Christie
French Cream Chicken – 4 Ingredients!
An ahhhh-mazing tasting creamy chicken dish that's LOW CARB!
- 500g diced chicken thigh
- 110g block of French Onion Cream Cheese (I used White Valley brand) - see notes below in method
- 200ml cooking cream
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- Brown/sear diced chicken well in searing slow cooker or pan
- Add cream cheese and stir for 2-3mins as it melts to coat chicken with it
- Add cooking cream and stir
- Cover and use The Tea Towel Trick
- Cook on HIGH for a further 1hr 15mins
- Add spinach and stir through until wilted
- If you cannot source the French Onion flavoured cream cheese you could use regular Philadelphia cream cheese and mix with 20g French Onion soup mix
- The cooking cream is important as it resists splitting like normal cream. I like the Bulla brand myself
- Inspired by the recipe "Chicken with Semi-Dried Tomato & Spinach – LOW CARB"
- This recipe can be easily changed simply by changing the flavour of the cream cheese. For example I now love a sweet chilli version that I make the same but just change the French onion creamed cheese to a sweet chilli flavoured cream cheese block instead 🙂
- If you can't find sweet chilli cream then add 1/2 cup of sweet chilli sauce to your regular creamed cheese
- You could also try the Chive and Onion cream cheese flavour or the Apricot Cream Cheese
- I've also replaced the baby spinach with semi dried tomatoes for another yummy version
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!