Submitted by Bernadette Mauro
Vegetarian Pearl Barley Risotto
- 1 1/2 cups pearl barley
- 420g tin 4 bean mix, drained
- 400g veges (I used a mix of frozen and tinned)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp Mixed herbs
- 1tblsp minced garlic
- 6 cups stock
- Fry onion until soft then addgarlic and herbs. Add pearl barley and stir for about a min or 2.
- Then add this to slow cooker along with veges and stock.
- Cook on low for 6 hrs.
- I also added 1/4 cup grated tasty cheese at the end and served sprinkled with grated cheese and freshly ground black pepper.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
4 thoughts on “Vegetarian Pearl Barley Risotto”
I loved this. I used chicken stock, frozen corn instead of mixed veg, and I added mushrooms also. Sprinkled parmesan on top once served. So easy and cheap to make. Will add a variety of veg next time. Looking forward to making this again.
This was yum!!!!! Will make my regulars list for sure. I did add chicken to this. I also added relish instead of cheese at the end for a dairy free option. Hubby also added some Dijon mustard. So easy and tasty.
hoping to make this soon. roughly how many servings does this recipe make? thanks, Sara
Hi Sara 🙂
As recipe states it serves 6