Submitted by Katy Kat
Spicy Pappardelle Vegetarian Pasta
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 onions finely chopped (I used 1 brown onion and 2 small red onions)
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 3 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes (or 2 if you want it less saucy)
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped (reduce the quantity if you want less spice)
- 250g chestnut mushrooms and
- 250g closed cup mushrooms, thickly sliced
- I courgette diced
- 2 tsp Sriracha (hot chilli sauce) – OPTIONAL
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Good big splash of red wine (optional but I do like to use wine when I cook lol)
- 1 tsp course ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Fresh basil to garnish
- 600g Pappardelle pasta (or any pasta would do though I do use fresh)
- Mix all the ingredients except the pasta and basil in the sc pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour and then low for 6 hours.
- Once sauce is ready cook the fresh Pappardelle (I had to use fresh lasagne sheets cut into slices as could not get Pappardelle!! Lol) add some torn basil to the pasta sauce ......... stir and then add the sauce to the pasta!!
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan and some fresh bread.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!