Submitted by Kathryne Carroll
Slow cooked BBQ pulled pork
- Pork shoulder 1.5-2kg
- 1/2 cup stock (chicken, beef, or vegetable)
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs cummin
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Mix together all the spices and rub all over the meat.
- 2. Mix together the stock, bbq and brown sugar in a jug.
- 3. Place the meat in the slow cooker and pour the sauce mixture over the top.
- 4. Cook on low for up to 10hrs (or when cooked) or high for 4 hrs (or when cooked)
- 5. Once the meat is cooked transfer to a tray and shred with 2 forks.
- **If the sauce is a little runny once the meat is cooked, you can transfer it to a fry pan and reduce it until its thick enough for your liking**
- On buns with coleslaw and salsa on the side.
- Potatoes and coleslaw.
- In brioche rolls coleslaw and fries.
- On nachos.
- Burito bowls.
- Toasted sandwich.
- On jacket potatoes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!