I’m always asked options for leftover silverside/corned meat.
Here’s how to repurpose the leftovers into a new meal you’ll LOVE!
Submitted by Paulene Christie
Silverside Sliders with Mustard and Brown Sugar Glaze
I’m always asked options for leftover silverside/corned meat. Here's how to repurpose the leftovers into a new meal you'll LOVE!
- 12 small bread rolls
- 0.5kg leftover silverside, shredded
- 100g sweet mustard pickle spread
- 2 cups grated tasty cheese
- - Glaze -
- 2T butter
- 2T brown sugar
- 2tsp Dijon mustard
- 1tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Line slow cooker with baking paper
- Separate bread rolls and cut them all in half, removing top half and setting tops aside. Lay just the bottom halves closely side by side in the slow cooker. Pack them tight and fill the cooker bottom with them to form a bread base.
- Spread mustard pickles over the bread base.
- Top with shredded silverside (as much as you like or have on hand)
- Top with grated cheese
- Replace tops of bread rolls, again packing them all in closely side by side.
- Turn slow cooker on HIGH
- In a saucepan heat all glaze ingredients while stirring until butter and sugar is melted and combined well – approx. 5mins on high heat. Stir continuously so as not to burn. Remove from stove and using a pastry brush, brush this glaze over bread tops.
- Cook on HIGH with tea towel trick for approx. 75mins.
- Lift entire bread roll collection out of slow cooker using baking paper.
- Slide these cheesy, yummy sliders onto serving plate or wrap in foil if taking lunch on the run to sports or picnic etc.
- The bottom of the rolls will be nice and crispy, the tops soft 😊
- Never have enough leftover silverside in your house? Just cook extra next time to use for this the next days lunch, problem solved 😉
- This is a great meal for weekend lunches or even to take to sports days 😊 I used small lunch rolls so I was able to fit 12 into my large 7L slow cooker but you can use any sized rolls you like and make as many rolls as you can fit. The mustard and brown sugar glaze on the top gives a lovely flavour finish also. We like to add pickles inside but of course you could leave that out or swap if for a sauce that your family prefer.
- So easy - and when you lift up one of these cheesy delicious burgers you know you’ll want more than one 😉
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!