March 20, 2015
2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 50 mins
3/4 small butternut pumpkin (cubed and roasted)
1 tblsp olive oil
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2 x 410g tins crushed tomatoes
1/4 tsp oregano
1 tblsp sugar
2 cloves garlic
1 brown onion
100g fresh baby spinach (finely chopped)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (reserved half for top)
4 - 6 fresh lasagna sheets (roll filling into)
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
Pinch of salt and pepper
1/3 cup pine nuts (optional)
11) Sprinkle pumpkin with nutmeg, drizzle with olive oil and roast.
22) In saucepan saute onion and garlic (set aside to cool).
33) In a large bowl, mash roasted pumpkin, then add spinach, ricotta, half of the Parmesan cheese, onion and garlic (and optional pine nuts) until well combined.
44) Cut each lasagna sheet into thirds, and place pumpkin mixture along the length of each sheet, then roll and form into a tube (resembling cannelloni). Lay each roll into bottom of slow cooker.
55) Combine tomatoes, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper then pour over the top, and cover with mozzarella and remaining Parmesan cheese.
6Cook on high for 2 - 3 hours (pending on your slow cooker) or until pasta is cooked and cheese is melted.
8If crushed tomatoes are too chunky for your liking, you can blend them down to a smoother consistency.
Submitted by Gail Follett
March 6, 2017
Great vegetarian meal – Thanks for sharing
October 17, 2016
loved it pine nuts add extra layer of flavour. Might add a few diced dried tomatoes next time
July 13, 2016
Delicious served with side salad and crusty bread. Added extra pumpkin and i love roasted pumpkin
March 13, 2016
Very tasty and with the pumpkin and pine nuts its a change from the plain old spinach and ricotta cannelloni. Its a regular dish in our household.
All fields are required to submit a review.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Please note that all comments are held in moderation and manually approved. It may be several minutes until you see yours. Please Do Not resubmit your comment during this time.