Submitted by Gail Follett
Roast pumpkin, Spinach and Ricotta cannelloni
- 3/4 small butternut pumpkin (cubed and roasted)
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 x 410g tins crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 tblsp sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 brown onion
- 250g ricotta
- 100g fresh baby spinach (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (reserved half for top)
- 4 - 6 fresh lasagna sheets (roll filling into)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup pine nuts (optional)
- 1) Sprinkle pumpkin with nutmeg, drizzle with olive oil and roast.
- 2) In saucepan saute onion and garlic (set aside to cool).
- 3) In a large bowl, mash roasted pumpkin, then add spinach, ricotta, half of the Parmesan cheese, onion and garlic (and optional pine nuts) until well combined.
- 4) Cut each lasagna sheet into thirds, and place pumpkin mixture along the length of each sheet, then roll and form into a tube (resembling cannelloni). Lay each roll into bottom of slow cooker.
- 5) Combine tomatoes, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper then pour over the top, and cover with mozzarella and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cook on high for 2 - 3 hours (pending on your slow cooker) or until pasta is cooked and cheese is melted.
- If crushed tomatoes are too chunky for your liking, you can blend them down to a smoother consistency.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
4 thoughts on “Roast pumpkin, Spinach and Ricotta cannelloni”
Very tasty and with the pumpkin and pine nuts its a change from the plain old spinach and ricotta cannelloni. Its a regular dish in our household.
Delicious served with side salad and crusty bread. Added extra pumpkin and i love roasted pumpkin
loved it pine nuts add extra layer of flavour. Might add a few diced dried tomatoes next time
Great vegetarian meal – Thanks for sharing