March 9, 2015
6 hrs 30 mins
6 hrs 45 mins
1.5kg blade steak, diced
1/2 cup Flour
salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons oil
2 Medium onions, sliced into rings
1 large carrot, grated
2 sticks celery
1/3 cup Worcestershire Sauce
3/4 cup plum sauce or plum jam
3/4 cup tomato sauce
Parsley to garnish
1-2 teaspoons corn flour to thicken
11. Coat beef with flour
22. Heat oil in frying pan over a medium flame and brown meat for 5-7 minutes.
33. Remove beef and add onion and saut
44. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and cook for 6 hours and 30 minutes
55. Add corn flour to thicken if necessary
66. Garnish with parsley and serve with mashed sweet potato
8*I prefer to add all the ingredients without browning the meat.
Submitted by Samantha Currie
May 24, 2022
Yummy way to warm the belly after a cold night of footy training. I browned the meat. I didn’t have celery & I added some broccoli & cauliflower in the last hour of cooking and then some crushed up 2 minute noodles to thicken it up. Stirred thru half a cup of mixed peas, carrot & corn right at the end. We had with homemade bread.
May 14, 2016
Had this last week was a hit in our house, used both plum sauce & plum jam the sauce gve it a tang
All fields are required to submit a review.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Please note that all comments are held in moderation and manually approved. It may be several minutes until you see yours. Please Do Not resubmit your comment during this time.