Submitted by mary macmillan
Paprika Chicken and Curry Herb Stuffing.
- 1 thawed, whole chicken,
- 2 tablespoons oil,
- 1 tablespoon flour,
- 1 tablespoon paprika,
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, OR granules.
- 2 twigs fresh thyme.
- 5 slices stale bread,
- onion peeled and diced,
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs,
- 1/2 teaspoon hot curry powder or amount to your taste.
- Place onion bread, herbs, s/p, curry powder in a mini whiz combine till mixture is crumbly.
- Roll stuffing up tight in atin foil log.
- Rinse chicken cavity with cold water, pat bird dry with paper towels.
- Place thyme twigs up cavity, rub oil over chicken.
- Mix flour, paprika, salt, pepper andgarlic powder together.
- Spoon paprika mix all over bird both sides.
- Place a little up turned plate in bottom of cooker sit chicken on it,( this keeps chicken out of any fat or juices)
- Put tin foil log of stuffing in beside it then place lid on and cook 6-7 hours on low, depends on your cooker.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!