Submitted by Julie Goodman
Autumn Pork Stew
- 1 1/2 pounds lean pork tenderloin, cubed
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 cups sliced leeks ( can substitute 1 cup regular cooking onion )
- 1 1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 package mushrooms,8oz/227g, sliced
- 3 1/2 cups cauliflower, cut into small bite size chunks
- 4 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 large can ( 28oz/796ml ) diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1 carton of beef broth, 900mls
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried red chili pepper flakes ( or substitute hot sauce to taste)
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt ( or to taste )
- flour/cornstarch mixed with water to thicken later
- **You can sear the pork before adding if you prefer,while you prep the veggies, but it's not necessary.**
- Prepare all your veggies, then throw everything into a large slow cooker. I used a 6 quart and it was full to the top. Stir well to mix. Cover and set to Low for 6-8 hours. I stirred in a little flour and water slurry to thicken it up about 30 minutes before serving.
- You can customize this to use whatever vegetables you have on hand, there is no right or wrong here!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!