Submitted by Greta Wathen
ORANGE & POPPY SEED CAKE
- 1 Orange,
- 200 grams butter,
- 1/2 cup castor sugar,
- 3 eggs,
- 3/4 cup milk,
- 2 cups SR Flour,
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds.
- I put the Orange into my small slow cooker and cooked it on high for 2 - 3 hours. (until the Orange was soft )
- Take the Orange out of the water and I put it into my blender. I blended all the orange to a pulp and then added the butter and sugar.
- Blended that and then added 1 egg at a time until mixed.
- I took the lid off my blender and added the milk and flour. Mixed that until smooth.
- Then I added the poppy seeds and mixed that with a wooden spoon.
- I used a silicone mould and cooked on high for 2 1/2 hours on high with a tea towel under the lid.
- My medium cooker is a little slower than normal, so just check as you go.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think