Submitted by Paulene Christie
Nacho Potato Bake
- 8 washed potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 300ml cooking cream
- 1 x 40g sachet taco seasoning
- 2.5 cups grated cheese
- 1 x 170g pkt corn chips (cheese or Mexican flavoured)
- Spray slow cooker bowl with non stick oil spray
- Layer one half of potatoes into cooker and top with onion slices and ½ cup grated cheese
- Add remaining potato
- Combine cream and taco seasoning and pour over
- Cook on high for 4hrs with tea towel under lid (or until potato is fork tender throughout)
- Top with remaining 2 cups grated cheese and cook additional 15mins or until cheese well melted
- Crush corn chips in bag to small crush and pour over cheese topping. Cook for additional 15mins then serve 😊
- This recipe is also in our new book READY SET SLOW
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
12 thoughts on “Nacho Potato Bake”
So yummy and easy to do. I didn’t add the chips because I forgot to buy them but it was full of flavour and will definitely be what I am taking to put next family bbq.
Super easy dish. Reduced cheese from 2.5c to 1c. Added half at beginning half at the end!
Lovely side dish.
So yummy and a different way of doing potato bake. Will be doing it this way from now on.
Made this as a side for Father’s Day the family enjoyed a different take on the potato bake there was enough for 6-8 people.
“What’s for dinner Mum?”
“Sausages and salad”
Insert dissatisfied teenage noises here!
And then I sneakily made this amazing potato bake! Followed the recipe exactly except I used plain corn chips.
We all licked our plates clean, the teens and husband gave it the, “please can you cook this again” rating!
So good. 100% recommend 😍
How did i not know this was a thing?!?! Im so excited right now!!!
Made this for the first time tonight. House smells amazing. Probably used a bit more cheese than it said because I love cheese. Used mozzarella and tasty. Delicious.
Made this tonight. Probably used a bit more cheese than called for as I’m a big cheese fan. Used mozzarella in the middle layer and tasty cheese on top. Would make again, might play with it a bit.
This was tasty. Next time I would definitely add more cream and cheese, I felt the potato needed to be a lot creamier to offset the dry corn chips.
Omg this is so yummy will definitely be cooking it again
I took this recipe and altered it. I used 3 large potatoes instead of 8, and added a mince layer (mixed with a jar of salsa and the onion) at the bottom first, then topped with sliced potato, the cream mixture and some cheese. I cooked it for 4 hours on low (I checked the tenderness of the potatoes with a fork). I then mixed the remaining cheese with the bag of crushed corn chips, and put that on top, cooking it for another 30 minutes on low. The kids liked it!