Submitted by Paulene Christie
Rissoles in Rich Gravy
- Raw beef rissoles (I used 16 but you can use less and just have extra gravy) *see notes*
- 1 large onion sliced
- Gravy powder to make 750ml gravy *see notes*
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Place onion slices on bottom of slow cooker
- Make up gravy powder to instructions with cold water and pour over onions
- Sit raw rissoles on top and sprinkle with herbs
- Cook on low for 5-6hrs - you can gently turn half way if you are home to do so
- If you wish to thicken gravy you can gently remove the rissoles and keep warm while you reduce the gravy on searing mode or stovetop briefly over high heat or add a cornflour slurry to thicken.
- Serve with creamy mashed potato and steamed greens
- I use ready made, raw beef rissoles/meat patties from my butcher for this recipe. However if you love your own home made rissoles by all means make and use those in this dish. No need to pre brown/seal rissoles before slow cooking.
- I use a large tub of gravy which is 75g powder to 750ml water. If you are using a regular sachet gravy it usually makes 250ml of gravy so you'd make up 3 sachets. Be sure to make the gravy with cold tap water though as it will heat during slow cooking.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!