Submitted by Kirsty Crack.
French Onion Osso Bucco
A family favourite our ours. Full of flavour with a slight sweetness which makes it loved by my children. Perfect on mashed potatoes or pulled apart and used in burgers or tacos with slaw.
- 1 to 1.5kg beef shin (osso bucco chops)
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 1 packet French onion soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 jar beerenberg caramelised onion chutney
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbs vinegar
- 1 x 50gm sachet tomato paste
- * Optional* chopped celery, carrot and potatoes
- Coat beef in flour, place in slow cooker. Add chopped veg if your using.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a jug and mix well. Pour over beef.
- Cook on low 5-6 hours or until meat falls off the bone.
- Serve on mashed potatoes with veg. Or shred and serve in soft tacos or burgers.
- Perfect on mashed potatoes or pulled apart and used in burgers or tacos with slaw.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!