A cheesy taco filled baguette – great for entertaining or kids to enjoy!
Submitted by Paulene Christie
A cheesy taco filled baguette - great for entertaining or kids to enjoy!
- 1 x baguette french bread stick (approx 30cm)
- 1 cup of leftover cooked taco mince (recipe link below if needed)
- 1/2 cup of nachos sauce
- 1 - 1.5 cups of grated cheese
- Slice baguette into slices approx 2-3cm wide (similar to a garlic bread loaf would be sliced) - DON'T slice all the way through the bread stick to the bottom
- Tear off a large strip of aluminium foil (approx 30cm long) and place baguette on the foil to fill it
- Place approx 1 tsp of nachos sauce in between each slice in the bread stick (reserving 2 tbsp for top of finished baguette)
- Add a small sprinkle of cheese at the bottom of each slice
- Add approx 1 tsp of cooked Simple Taco Mince into each slice
- Top inside each slice with another sprinkle of cheese
- Push all slices closed again
- Spread the reserved 2 tbsp of nachos sauce along the top of the baguette and sprinkle with any remaining grated cheese
- Wrap baguette in alfoil and seal
- Place in slow cooker and cook on HIGH for approximately 1hr 15mins or until cheese all melted
- Serve immediately - or prepare ahead of time and cook just in time to serve for a great party food!
- You could cook more than one at a time if you wished to 🙂
- Easy enough for kids to make with you!
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think