Submitted by camielle dean
Mac ‘n’ cheese
- 150g melted butter
- 500g (one packet) uncooked macaroni
- 500g grated cheese
- 125g cream cheese
- 8 cups of liquid (I used 4c hot milk 4c boiled water)
- 3 heaped tablespoons of plain flour
- 2 table spoons of bacon stock (or beef or chicken)
- 6 slices of bacon, cubed
- **optional 1 cubed small onion
- Preheat cooker on high while heating milk and boiling water
- Boil water and heat milk put aside
- Add pasta and melted butter and mix very well
- Add dry items
- Add wet items
- Stir through properly
- Keep on high, 1.5 - 2hrs, no tea towel and lid on.
- Stir every half hr or when you remember.
- Keep an eye on the pasta do not over cook.
- **you may brown bacon if you wish.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think