Submitted by Taye Wiffen
Loaded bacon and potato pie
- 500g mince
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp garlic
- 250g mushrooms.
- 5-7 potatoes
- 3 cups Colby cheese
- 1 Devondale three cheese sauce
- 750g picnic bacon
- Brown mince, onion, garlic and mushrooms. Drain fat.
- 1.Layer bacon around slow cooker. Half hanging out
- 2. Layer meat, then scalloped potatoes
- 3. Add some cheese sauce, then sprinkle cheese.
- 4. Repeat layers til the top and add generous leftover cheese
- 5. Fold bacon over top to make a bacon parcel
- 6. cook for 4 hours on HIGH
- 7. Don't forget the tea towel - Tea Towel Trick
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
6 thoughts on “Loaded bacon and potato pie”
Made this for the 1st time tonight!!! I’ve been wanting to make this for a while, it looked sooooooooo delicious!!! So, finally, I got to make it n although it was very nice, the bacon made it very salty, it tasted really good otherwise 🙂
Hi there. This looks like a great dish however I don’t know what ‘mince’ is. Could you please explain ?
Thanks so much
Sorry Gerda, mince is what Australians called minced or ground beef .. like hamburger meat if that makes sense? 🙂
Mince is ground beef
Very easy to make, tastes really good, a little on the salty side. Haven’t seen my housemate coming running for a meal so fast in a long time! Miss 3 cleared her plate as well 🙂
What size sc was used for this please?