Submitted by Larell Adney Strickland
Lasagna (Weight Watcher friendly)
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef (I precooked mine)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 28 oz. canned crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz. canned tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. italian seasoning
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 6 items uncooked lasagna noodles (pasta) (6 long pieces)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Combine cooked hamburger with garlic, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, onion powder, and italian seasoning in a bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine ricotta cheese and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon 1/3 of meat sauce into slow cooker, add 3 of the lasagna noodles (pasta) and top with 1/2 of ricotta cheese mixture. Repeat with another layer of 1/3 meat, remaining lasagna noodles, remaining cheese and finish with the remaining 1/3 of beef mixture.
- Cover (no tea towel required) and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Remove cover, turn off heat and top with remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella and the 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Serves 6 for a Points Plus (Pro Points) of 10 PP / serving.
- This will fit into a 4-quart (4L) slow cooker or you can double the recipe as I did and it fit nicely in my 6-quart (6L) slow cooker.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!