Submitted by Tamika Stretton, photo courtesy of Shari Lund
Golden Syrup Dumplings
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of golden syrup
- 50g of butter
- 2 cups of water
Dumplings - (which is just my scone recipe halved)
- 1 1/2 cups SR flour
- 1/2 cup lemonade
- 1/2 cup of cream
- For syrup: Combine syrup ingredients then put in saucepan on the stove and bring to the boil
- Carefully pour syrup intoslow cooker.
- Gently combine dumpling ingredients then roll into about 4cm balls and drop into the syrup.
- Cover and cook on high for 60-90mins
- Serve with vanilla ice-cream or a dollop of cream 🙂
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think