Beef in Black Bean Sauce
- 500g braising steak, diced
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 200mL water
- 3 tbsp of a good-quality black bean sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 brown onion, quartered
- 1 green pepper, chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onion
- Dice the steak and toss in the cornflour until coated.
- Brown the coated steak in the sesame oil in a frypan - in batches if need be
- Add beefto the slow-cooker.
- Combine and addother ingredients except the spring onion.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6hrs.
- Add spring onion a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with rice
- Photo courtesy of Chris Beare
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think