Submitted by Katrina
- 2lbs strawberries hulled and sliced
- 4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1-1.75 oz box pectin or peeled and sliced medium apple
- Spray crockpot with cooking spray.
- Smash or Mix all ingredients in a bowl until combined.
- Add into pot, cover and cook on high 4hrs or low 8hrs approx, until berries are soft and jam is starting to thicken.
- Blend if you like it less chunky.
- Pour into jars (it will thicken more as it cools).
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
10 thoughts on “Strawberry Jam”
I used this recipe to make nectarine and apple jam. I doubled the strawberry quantity to 1.8kg and used 1/2 cup lemon juice and added 2 large granny smith apples. The sugar remained the same amount. I have been making jam on the stove for over 30 years and this was the first time I used my slow cooker. I did not need to use pectin as the apples and lemon worked a treat. I cooked my jam on high for 4 hours and when it cooled it was a perfect thickness. I will be making my jam this way from now on. Thank you Katrina.
If I used blackberries instead of strawberries should I use the same qty ???
This recipe didnt work for me.. cooked on high for 4 hours
The strawberries lost alot of their colour and it didnt set as well as hoped. Might try jam aetting sugar next time.
This recipe says 2lbs how many kilos is this
2.2lbs is 1kg so roughly 1kg
Do i cook jam with lid on or lid off
All slow cooking is lid on (except fudge)
Have used this recipe quite a few times now but with different fruits. Strawberry, strawberry & blueberry, nectarine, nectarine & rhubarb & others! Always a good reliable recipe that gives an end result people rave about!
Great recipe! My 11 yo loves it and I also gave as gifts, received great feeback.
Could you use dried fruit like apricot or peach instead . Thanks