Nan’s Recipe – the very best kind!!
Submitted by Melissa McClelland
Nan's Recipe - the very best kind!!
- • 8 sausages
- • 1 onion
- • 2 carrot
- • 3 sticks celery
- • 1 small apple
- • 1 banana
- • 1 peeled tomato
- • ½ green pepper
- • 1 tsp. curry powder
- • 1 tsp. sugar
- • Salt & pepper (can leave till served if you wish)
- • 1 beef and 1 chicken (either stock cubes or teaspoons of powdered stock)
- • Pinch cumin
- • 1 tsp. oregano
- • ½ cup long grain or similar rice
- Boil sausages until skins fall off.
- Chop into chunks, I did 6 chunks per sausage.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker bowl.
- fill with water just to cover (I used 3 cups to start with, and added 1 more half way thru as it had fully absorbed) you may need more or less depending on how hot yours runs.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours depending on your slow cooker.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled depending on how much you want.
- A great way to get both fruit and veges into a main.
- My nans recipe.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!