Submitted by Shaya Wright
Chunky Steak Pie
- 1kg chuck steak diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup(no water added)
- 1 beef stock cube(no water)
- 3-4 tablespoons of gravox (dry)
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- About 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce(maybe a little bit more)
- Splash of worcestershire sauce
- Coat beef in flour and brown in butter over medium heat(doesn't have to be fully cooked through) add onion half way through to soften.
- Mix all other ingredients in slow cooker and add beef. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- If mixture starts to get dry add a little bit of water, depending on slow cooker heat.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Line baking dish with puff pastry, scoop beef mixture in and put a sheet of pastry on top and cut to fit dish.
- Cook in oven for about 20 minutes or until pastry is a nice golden colour.
- No need to blind bake pie base.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think