Submitted by Felicity Barnett
Chicken and White Bean Soup
- 900g Chicken thighs, sliced
- 400g White beans, soaked overnight and boiled >>>>> See link below
- 1/2 cup Onion, diced
- 3 Garlic cloves, finely diced
- 100g Silverbeet/Spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 Litres Chicken stock
- 25mls Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 6 Sprigs Thyme
- 2 Bay leaves
- Pinch cracked Pepper
- Place all ingredients except silverbeet/spinach in slow cooker bowl.
- Cook on low for 9hrs (Contempo 5.5L sc)
- Add silverbeet/spinach with approximately 1hr remaining.
- Prior to serving remove bay leaves and thyme stalks.
- Serve with crusty sour dough or turkish bread.
- More info re slow cooking beans >> http://www.slowcookercentral.com/tips-tricks/
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think