Submitted by Shannen Edge
Cheesy Mexican Chilli Mac
- 500g mince/ diced beef/ Chicken breasts
- 2 tins diced tomato
- 1 Taco mix packet
- 2 cups beef/chicken stock
- 1TBS garlic
- 1/2 a diced onion
- 1 tin of Red Kidney Beans/Black Beans
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas corn + carrot or grated carrot and zuchini
- 3 cups macaroni
- 2 cups grated cheese
- Add 1st section of ingredients to Slow Cooker and set to cook for 6 hrs low / 4 hrs high
- 1 hour before serving:
- If using chicken breast shred meat with tongs or forks
- Add tin of beans and veg
- Half an hour before serving add macaroni.
- Mix through 2 cups grated cheese when macaroni is cooked.
- When cheese is melted serve with sour cream.
- You can leave out the taco mix if your kids don't like spice - just add some Italian herbs instead and any dry pasta can be used in place of macaroni.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
4 thoughts on “Cheesy Mexican Chilli Mac”
Yummy. made with mince and will definitely be making again
This was AMAZING. I browned the mince first with the onion. Really great dish, even the 20 month old ate it!
This was super tasty!! Definitely will be making this again 😊
This was amazing. I used chicken breasts.
I didn’t add the onion because I didn’t have any. My partner served his as nachos. There is plenty left over that I have frozen for a quick easy meal one night