Submitted by Robyn Clark
Cheesy Zucchini Risotto
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons milk.
- Wash the rice in cold water until it runs clear.
- Add to your SC with the chicken broth and cook on high until 3/4 of the liquid is absorbed.
- At this stage add the zucchini and cook until all the water is absorbed , (approximate total cooking time 90mins in a 1.5L slow cooker)
- Add the cheese and mix.
- Once it's melted add the milk if you need to thin it out a bit to serve.
- This recipe is excellent in the baby 1.5 cooker, as a side dish or double it and use a larger cooker as a main.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!