A delicious and nutrient rich broth for your pet.
Assists with healthy joints, gut and digestive system.
Submitted by Sharni Krygger
Bone Broth for DOGS
A delicious and nutrient rich broth for your pet. Assists with healthy joints, gut and digestive system.
- 2kg jointed bones-I used chicken feet but you could use beef marrow bones or a mix.
- 4 tbspn of unpasteurised raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- Add bones to slow cooker
- Add Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pour in enough water to just cover bones
- Cook on HIGH for 1 hour then LOW for 23 hours.
- Strain broth and throw away bones DO NOT FEED COOKED BONES.
- Let broth cool and then place in fridge to set.
- After a few hours it should form a hard layer ontop, scrape this off and throw away. Underneath should be a brown jelly!
- Add a few tablespoons to your pets meal.
- Broth will keep for up to one week in the fridge before it starts to separate. If you won’t be able to use it all put it into ice cube trays instead and freeze and pop out a cube as required.
- *Please note: Slow Cooker Central hold no liability for the suitability of this meal for your 4 legged friend. This recipe, and all pet food recipes, are member submitted. Please make your own decision on what is suitable and safe for your pet*
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think