Submitted by Murray
Best ever Lamb Shanks
- 6 meaty Lamb Shanks
- 600 - 800g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 red onions sliced, sliced
- 6 – 8 garlic cloves – crushed
- 4 – 400g tins of tomatoes, chopped
- 2/3 cup of tomato paste
- 2/3 cup sundried tomatoes , chopped
- 1 cup of Masala/Sweet Sherry (any sweet fortified wine will do)
- 3 - 4 Massell beef stock cubes
- 2 cups of red wine
- 4 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 1. Sear lamb shanks in a couple of tablespoons of oil ensure they are well browned Remove from pan and set aside (my Breville SC has a searing pan which makes this nice and easy)
- 2. Add and cook onions till soft then add the mushrooms, garlic and cook a further 2-3 minutes
- 3. Add the remaining ingredients, stir and cook a further couple of minutes
- 4. Place shanks and cooked liquid to your slow cooker. Cover with the lid and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 5-6 hours
- **note: After a few hours, I continue to spoon off any excess fat that rises to the top.
- this is just so yummy served on a pile of tasty mash of potato and kumara (NZ sweet potato) to mop up all the tasty goodness.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!