Submitted by Doris Kühberger
Beef Roulades with Mushroom Sauce
- 4 or more pieces of chuck steak or rump steak. I used rump steak
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tub of cream cheese
- 1 small bag of spinach
- 1 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons of beef stock powder
- For the Mushroom sauce:
- Olive oil
- 4 big opened mushrooms, cut in half then sliced
- 300 ml thickened cream
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Turn the slow cooker on warm
- Peel the onion, cut it in half, put it in the freezer for 10 minutes. I do this so I dont cry. Onions can be very strong
- Pound the meat for an even size, about 1 cm (1/2 inch)
- Chop the garlic very fine. I usually grate the garlic, this time I chopped it up in very small pieces.
- Take the onion out of the freezer, chop it up in small pieces.
- Add the onion and garlic on the meat. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cream cheese and spinach.
- Roll it up, starting from the skinny side. I secured mine with cooking string, rolled it in the aluminum foil, to let the moisture stay in also so the cheese doesn't escape
- Place the rolled meat in the slow cooker
- Add 1 cup of water in a measuring jug, add the beef stock powder to the water and stir
- Spread the stock/water on top of the meat
- Put the lid on
- Cook on low for 6 hours
- Mushroom Sauce
- Heat oil in or butter a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add sliced mushrooms and stir-fry until they are lightly browned, reduce heat to medium.
- Add cream, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally and watching that the cream doesn't over boil.
- Once the sauce has reduced by half add parsley to the sauce
- Remove from heat and serve over your favorite steaks.
- Served with fresh boiled potato wedges and fresh steamed veggies. Put mushroom sauce on top of meat and veggies
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!