Submitted by Renee Hedman McCarthy
Bacon Wrapped Apple Chicken
- 4 Boneless skinless Chicken Breasts or 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1/8 Cup lemon juice fresh or bottled
- 5 small apples (used Gala) peeled & chopped
- 16 slices of bacon, fried till light golden and still flexible
- In a small bowl combine BBQ sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice and apples.
- Wrap each breast or thigh with 2-3 slices of (lightly fried) bacon.
- You may want to toothpick bacon in place. Remember to remove toothpicks when serving.
- Place in a greased slow cooker.
- Pour BBQ/Apple mixture over chicken & cook on low for 6-8 hrs or until chicken is done.
- Serve with rice (Long Grain/Wild , Basmati, Jasmine or White Rice) and a vegetable
- Scoop BBQ/Apple mixture over chicken and on rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!