Submitted by Sandra Rielly
Curried Lentil Lasagna
- 1 tablespoon oil,
- 1 medium chopped onion,
- 1 teaspoon curry powder,
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika,
- 1 grated carrot,
- 425g can of brown lentils- rinsed,
- 425g can tomatoes,
- 1 x 140 tub tomato paste, salt and pepper
- 1/2 packet lasagne sheets
- For the cheese sauce
- 40g butter
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup of grated cheese
- And a further 1/2 cup of grated cheese for the topping
- In a large saucepan brown the onion, add the curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Add all the other ingredients, bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer until thick. Set aside.
- To make the cheese sauce
- Melt 40g butter in a large saucepan and slowly stir in 3 tablespoons plain flour.
- Keep stirring and slowly add in 3 cups of milk.
- Then add 1/2 cup of grated cheese and keep stirring until thick.
- Grease the slow cooker bowl.
- This makes sure the lasagna comes out easily and gives it a nice brown crust along the sides!
- Add 1/2 of the tomato sauce into the bottom of the bowl, then add a layer of lasagna sheets,
- breaking a sheet into pieces to fit the edges
- Cover with half of the white sauce.
- Then add the rest of the tomato sauce, a layer of lasagna sheets and the rest of the white sauce.
- Top with the rest of the grated cheese and put a Tea Towel under the lid so the steam doesn't drip onto the cheese layer
- Cook with the slow cooker on high for 2 hours
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think