Submitted by Peta Dommenz
Apricot & Almond Snack Bars
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped (pecans or walnuts would work well also)
- Pour boiling water over apricots and let sit for 5 mins, then drain and leave to cool.
- In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix in butter, then eggs and vanilla.
- Once all combined, stir in the apricots and almonds.
- Pour into a slow cooker lined with baking paper and use a wet hand to smooth it out evenly.
- Cook in high for 2 hours, Tea Towel under the lid.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!