Condiments/Preserves, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegetarian
February 12, 2018
Great spicy kick on summer salads and burgers or as a winter warmer on schnitzels and white meat roasts
6 hrs 30 mins
1kg mango flesh (~2kg mangoes)
~150g tinned pineapple (3rings)
2 small granny smith apples
1 birds eye chilli
1/2 cup dried mixed fruit
1&1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1cup white vinegar
1 & 3/4 cup castor sugar
1 tspn cinnamon
1 tspn nutmeg
1 tspn curry
1 tspn mustard
1 tspn Allspice
1/2 tspn ground cloves
2 tspn crushed garlic
1/4 tspn cayenne pepper
1/2 tspn hot chilli sauce
Main ingredients method
11. Prepare fruit. Skin and deseed mangoes chop into ~1cm and smaller chunks. Peel core and finely chop apples. Chop pineapple small ~1\2cm bits. Finely chop chilli, seeds included.
22. Put main ingredients in slow cooker, stir well. Cook on high 2hrs.
13. Add spices. Stir well. Cook on high for a further 2hrs.
24. Remove lid. Stir. Cook on low for 2hrs leaving lid off. Stir every 10-20min.
35. Use a soup ladel to pour into sterilised jars.
1Makes 4-5 jars
2Removing the spicy chilli sauce will make it acceptable for most.
Submitted by Elly Groves
All fields are required to submit a review.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Please note that all comments are held in moderation and manually approved. It may be several minutes until you see yours. Please Do Not resubmit your comment during this time.