Delicious Beef Stew
August 25, 2015
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 6 hrs
6 hrs 20 mins
- Yields: 4-6
11. Place the flour and steak cubes into a large ziplock bag. Zip closed and shake around for a minute or so to really coat the beef with flour. Set aside
22.Combine tin tomatoes, tomato paste, paprika, salt and pepper into slow cooker bowl.
33. Add potato to slow cooker, stir to combine.
44.Heat the olive oil over medium heat.
55.When hot, add onion and garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring, till heated through and starting to turn transparent.
66. Add the diced carrot and stir to combine.
77. Cook for a couple of minutes till carrot has softened then transfer to the slow cooker bowl.
88.Pour beef stock into the hot pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for a couple of minutes to de-glaze the pan.
99. Pour stock into the slow cooker. Add floured meat. Stir to ensure everything is well combined.
1010. Place lid on cooker. Cook on High for 2 hours then low for 4 hours OR low for 8 hours OR high for 4-5 hours. I prefer mix temp method.
11Serve as is or with wholemeal toast or cooked brown rice.
Submitted by Renee
Please note that all comments are held in moderation and manually approved. It may be several minutes until you see yours. Please Do Not resubmit your comment during this time.