Submitted by Renee
Delicious Beef Stew
- 800g blade steak, cut into cubes
- 1/2-1C wholemeal flour
- 2x400g tin of diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste (salt reduced)
- 1.5 TBSP paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves/2tsp of garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1cup salt reduced beef stock
- 1. Place the flour and steak cubes into a large ziplock bag. Zip closed and shake around for a minute or so to really coat the beef with flour. Set aside
- 2.Combine tin tomatoes, tomato paste, paprika, salt and pepper into slow cooker bowl.
- 3. Add potato to slow cooker, stir to combine.
- 4.Heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- 5.When hot, add onion and garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring, till heated through and starting to turn transparent.
- 6. Add the diced carrot and stir to combine.
- 7. Cook for a couple of minutes till carrot has softened then transfer to the slow cooker bowl.
- 8.Pour beef stock into the hot pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for a couple of minutes to de-glaze the pan.
- 9. Pour stock into the slow cooker. Add floured meat. Stir to ensure everything is well combined.
- 10. Place lid on cooker. Cook on High for 2 hours then low for 4 hours OR low for 8 hours OR high for 4-5 hours. I prefer mix temp method.
- Serve as is or with wholemeal toast or cooked brown rice.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think