11. place beef, stock, dijon, red wine, 2 tbsp of garlic and tomato paste into slow cooker.
22. cook for 4 hours on high.
33. 1 hour before meat is ready, heat 2 tbsp of butter in a frying pan. Add mushrooms, shallots, 2 tbsp of garlic, 2 tbsp of red wine and 1 tsp of thyme.
44. saute till all liquid evaporated.
55. transfer to a bowl, set aside to cool.
66. remove meat from slow cooker, and shred with 2 forks, return to juice.
77. place pate in a bowl and mix to a spreadable consistency.
88. cut a piece of pastry across to make a triangle.
99. spread triangle generously with pate leaving 1 inch clear around sides.
1010. place spoons of mushroom mix to make a triangle towards one end of the pastry. Add an even amount of meat on top of mushroom mix, fold other side of pastry over to form a triangle, pressing edges down with a fork.
1111. repeat this process until meat mixture is all gone.
1212. Brush with beaten egg and place in separate sc lined with baking paper for 2-3 hours on high, or until golden brown with tea towel under lid.
1313. Alternatively, cook in oven on 180 degree celcius for approx 30 mins. serve with anything you like. 🙂
Submitted by Melissa Watkins
Please note that all comments are held in moderation and manually approved. It may be several minutes until you see yours. Please Do Not resubmit your comment during this time.