Deconstructed Beef Wellington Parcels
11. place beef, stock, dijon, red wine, 2 tbsp of garlic and tomato paste into slow cooker.
22. cook for 4 hours on high.
33. 1 hour before meat is ready, heat 2 tbsp of butter in a frying pan. Add mushrooms, shallots, 2 tbsp of garlic, 2 tbsp of red wine and 1 tsp of thyme.
44. saute till all liquid evaporated.
55. transfer to a bowl, set aside to cool.
66. remove meat from slow cooker, and shred with 2 forks, return to juice.
77. place pate in a bowl and mix to a spreadable consistency.
88. cut a piece of pastry across to make a triangle.
99. spread triangle generously with pate leaving 1 inch clear around sides.
1010. place spoons of mushroom mix to make a triangle towards one end of the pastry. Add an even amount of meat on top of mushroom mix, fold other side of pastry over to form a triangle, pressing edges down with a fork.
1111. repeat this process until meat mixture is all gone.
1212. Brush with beaten egg and place in separate sc lined with baking paper for 2-3 hours on high, or until golden brown with tea towel under lid.
1313. Alternatively, cook in oven on 180 degree celcius for approx 30 mins. serve with anything you like. 🙂
Submitted by Melissa Watkins