Submitted by Eddie Hope
Wild Rabbit, Red Wine and Pepper Caserole
- 1 lrg Wild Rabbit cut into 6/8 pieces, about 1kg or heavier
- 1 packet of McCormick "Beef, Red Wine Caserole"
- 1 packet of Soup vegetables 9 potato, onion, carrot, celery and parsnip)
- 250 ml Red Wine ( i used Port, for a sweeter flavour!)
- 1 packet of frozen mixed winter vegetables.
- Cracked Pepper to taste!
- Coat the Rabbit pieces with the Slowcooker seasoning! Put in SC!
- Cut the Soupvegs into large chunks and coat with SC seasoning! Put in SC!
- Mix rest of seasoning with Red Wine and put in SC!
- Add cracked pepper to taste and cook for 4 hours on High!
- Add packet of winter veggies and add to SC
- Cook for another 2 hours on LOW!
- Serve with mashed potatoes or on a bed of rice!
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think