Submitted by Janine Lawrence
Bacon double cheeseburger meatloaf
- 1 kg lean beef mince
- 2 small onions
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of bbq sauce
- 1 gerkin
- 1 cup of grated tasty cheese
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of diced bacon
- 4-6 bacon rashers
- Dice onions mix with mince, egg, tomato sauce & bbq sauce.
- Place half of mince mixture on vottom of slow cooker.
- Slice up gerkin thinly and place on top of mince mixture leaving sides free.
- Place tasty & mozzarella on next then the diced bacon. Cover with remaining mince mixture. Then lay bacon rashers over the top.
- Cook on high for two hours then low for four.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
1 thought on “Bacon double cheeseburger meatloaf”
With a thought in mind how I recalled the taste of a bacon double cheese burger I made some subtle changes. Mixture was too wet to my preference so added about 1 cup of crumbed cornflakes. I brushed Dijon mustard between the two meat layers and brushed a mixture of tomato and bbq sauces over the top.
After tasting a little bit when cooked, the sauce taste is a bit too sweet. Still totally edible and tasty though.
When I make it the next time – will be using more herbs and spices (onion salt, cracked pepper, thyme) and will change out bbq sauce for a sauce with a bit more of a savory taste.
This recipe should not be overlooked 👍