Submitted by Karen Stuckings
Wholemeal pumpkin bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 50 grams melted butter
- 1 cup/250g mashed pumpkin (I used butternut but can use any)
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1/2 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bicarb soda
- 2 cups wholemeal self raising flour
- Put inch of water in slow cooker and turn to high to pre-heat.
- In a bowl beat eggs, milk and butter together. Add pumpkin and mix. Add mixed spice, brown sugar, bicarb soda and mix. Lastly add flour and mix till combined.
- Place mixture in a lined loaf tin and place in slow cooker raised out of the water. Place tea towel under lid.
- Cook on high for 1 1/2 hours or until cooked. Skewer placed in centre should come out clean.
- Serve warm with butter. I did this in my cookwell 5.5L
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!