Submitted by Jodie Wood
Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup
- 1-2kg beef
- 2L beef stock
- 2 onions sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- Thumb size piece of ginger (cut in pieces)
- 1Tbps each of fish sauce, lime juice & sugar
- Spices tied in muslin - 2 star anise, cinnamon stick, 1 nutmeg, couple of cloves
- Rice noodles
- Bean sprouts
- Squeeze of lemon
- Remove all fat and sinew from meat.
- Place in slow cooker with onions,garlic, ginger and spice pouch and stock.
- Cook on high for 4 hours. Remove the spice pouch, garlic & ginger. Slice meat thinly
- Soak rice noodles as per packet.
- Put in bowl, top with sprouts, sliced meat.
- Pour soup over the top.
- Garnish with as much coriander & chilli as you want.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!