Submitted by Leah van Kalken-Marks
Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 red capsicum thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 3 tblsp grated ginger
- 3 tblsp fish sauce
- 3 heaped tblsp red curry paste
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 can coconut milk/cream
- 6 fresh mushrooms sliced
- 500ml of chicken stock
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves chopped
- 3 tblsp lime juice
- 2tbls raw sugar or palm sugar (optional)
- 1. Place chicken thighs in slow cooker (no need to brown)
- 2. In a large bowl mix garlic, ginger, onion, fish sauce, curry paste & stock, poor mixture over chicken.
- 3. Cook on low for 6 hours, remove chicken and shred then return chicken to slow cooker.
- 4. Stir in coconut cream, mushrooms, carrots, capsicum & basil & cook for a further 30 mins.
- 5. Stir in lime juice prior to serving.
- Serve with crusty bread.
- Please note - I add my vegetables 30 mins prior to serving as i like them a bit firm however if you prefer them soft add them at the start however they do become quite mushy by the end of cooking. I also add sugar to mine as it gives it a beautiful flavour and also can take a bit of the spiciness out.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think