Submitted by Simon Christie
Tasty Tomato Juice
- 1 kg fresh, ripe tomatoes
- 30g celery, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Halve tomatoes and add to slow cooker with remaining ingredients.
- Cook on HIGH for 3hrs
- Remove from slow cooker and process in food processor until smooth
- Return to slow cooker and cook for a further 1hr on HIGH
- Return to food processor for 2mins more
- Remove fromfood processor and pour through fine sieve to remove any solids.
- Refrigerate the strained liquid.
- Serve ice cold!
- Tomato Juice has LOTS of health benefits!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!