Submitted by Jan M V Bexfield
Syrup, Sultana Banana Cake
- 5 good sized bananas,
- 1 x tin of Condensed Milk,
- half a squeeze bottle of Golden Syrup
- 1 cup of Sultanas,
- 3 cups of SR flour ( to accommodate the extra liquid)
- Greaseproof Paper around Crock Pot for lining, also makes it a lot easier to lift the cake out of the cooker!
- Mash up the Bananas, add the Condensed Milk, Sultanas, syrup and SR Flour, mix it all in so well blended,
- Mixture will be of a sponge consistency, but will pour easily into the crock pot..
- tea towel under the lid.
- Mine took 3.5 hours on high using my 3.5 litre crockpot, I was prepared for needing extra cooking time because of the syrup in it, and what a difference the syrup makes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!