Submitted by Paulene Christie
Creamy Potato Bake - with Chorizo & Bacon
- 850 grams of small washed potatoes, skin on (I used baby cream delights)
- 1 x small brown onion, thin sliced
- 100g diced bacon
- 100g diced chorizo sausage
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 500ml COOKING cream
- 1.5 cups grated tasty cheese
- Sprinkle of paprika
- Non stick cooking spray
- Spray slow cooker bowl with non stick cooking spray
- Rewash your potatoes to ensure they are nice and clean. Leave skin on.
- Slice the small potatoes thinly - if you cut them thick you will need to increase your cooking time to ensure they are cooked to tender.
- Lay half sliced potatoes in the sprayed bowl.
- Add think sliced onion rings, bacon and chorizo
- Cover with second half of potato slices
- Add garlic and pepper to cooking cream and mix well (see note below re cream)
- Pour cream mix over.
- Cook with tea towel/cover under lid for 2hrs high + 2.5hrs low (or 4.5hrs on auto).
- 30mins before serving time add cheese on top and a sprinkle of paprika then re cover it and continue cooking so cheese can melt.
- (I use the paprika as it gives the look of browning - but you can finish it in the oven if you prefer)
- Serve straight from slow cooker and enjoy 🙂
- We served ours with sombrero chicken and salad as pictured
- Note: Cooking cream is a pourable cream in the cream fridge of your supermarket that is less likely to split during cooking than regular cream.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!