Submitted by Robyn Clark
Sweet Chilli Mud Crab Soup
- 2-4 mud crabs
- 1 large diced onion
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder ( or 2 small red chillies)
- 2-3 Tablespoons vegetable oil.
- 2-4 Tablespoons minced garlic ( 2-3 cloves)
- 1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1/3cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons coriander ( or use fresh)
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 4 chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper.
- Cornflour to thicken if needed.
- Pure the onion , oil and chilli together. Fry off until onion is clear.
- Place all ingredients in your cooker and allow to cook on high 2 hours so all the flavours are blended well. At this point add extra of whatever it needs , I don't though , but you may want more sugar or chilli etc.. Crack the mud crab claws and cut the main bodies in half . Add to the cooker and cook on high until they turn orange. ( you can boil the crabs and then crack them and add to the cooker , cook on high around 1-1 1/2 hours so the flavour of the crabs goes through the soup).
- ##### New wave users, use the browning button for the onion , chilli and oil. Then switch to soup and cook with airtight on 25 mins. Add the mud crab pre cooked and cracked and then re heat when ready.( I pre cooked the crab so it wouldn't scratch the bowl ).
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
1 thought on “Sweet Chilli Mud Crab Soup”
Very nice meal, thank you